Your Android tablet or Ipad can transform into a hand-held POS (point-of-sale) system through a Tablet POS software. These systems enable you to process and receive payments curbside. Either at remote events or even assist in reducing lines at your physical store. Additionally, the tablet POS software system is easy to operate; thus, training employees will be quick.
Tablet POS systems fasten the checkout process, further improving customer experience.
A great POS system needs to be easy to operate, should include features to assist you in splitting bills or tracking inventory, and is affordable. Therefore, we have found the top three tablet POS software.
Square Tablet POS system
Compatible with both Android and IOS tablets, Square is the leading tablet POS software in the business and fits almost every business. Square also won’t charge you monthly for their software and comes with a free card reader for accepting credit cards. Square processing fees will depend on how you receive payments.
Furthermore, you can use it over the phone or for online sales since it’s an omnichannel solution.
Here are Square rates per transaction:
- Manual key transactions: 3.5% plus 15 cents.
- In-person transactions:2.6% plus 10 cents.
- Online transactions:2.9% plus 30 cents.
You can find apps that offer features to empower your POS system in the square marketplace fully.
- Free software and card reader.
- Inbuild payment processing.
- Includes inventory management.
- Easy to operate.
- Android and IOS compatible.
- Not ideal for high-risk industry merchants.
- Expensive processing rates for high-volume merchants.
Shopify Tablet POS system
Shopify is a highly regarded POS system for tablets, offering POS solutions for most businesses, whether in-store or online. Moreover, Shopify offers its unique processor for a payment solution, mobile card readers, and hardware bundles. This POS system works with both IOS and Android systems, with prices ranging from $29 – $299 depending on your plan.
- Online: 2.9% plus 30 cents
- In-person: 2.7%
- Online payment: 2.6% plus 30 cents
- In-person : 2.5%
- Online : 2.4% plus 30 cents
- In-person: 2.4%
If you consider using your merchant account with any POS Shopify plan, you will need to pay between 0.5% to 2% charge per transaction, depending on the plan you consider.
- Has a free trial.
- Compatible with Android or IOS tablets.
- Inbuild payment processing.
- Cheaper transaction fees after you upgrade plans.
- Inclusive e-commerce site for all plans.
- Lacks a free plan.
- Sells card readers.
- Plans become expensive.
- You incur additional transaction charges if you use your merchant account.
Lightspeed Ipad POS system
Only working with the IOS system Lightspeed POS system works with most businesses, with its feature being best ideal for retailers. Quite pricey compared to other POS systems but offers the best inventory management features and vendor catalogs.
Lightspeed offers three plan options and can create additional custom-made POS solutions to meet your business needs. All plans offer one register for cloud-based POS software and 24/7 support. The lean, standard and advanced plans have the same processing rates at 2.6% plus 10 cents per transaction. Additionally, the card not present fee is 2.6% plus 30 cents.
- Great inventory management feature.
- Competitive inbuild payment processing fees.
- Offers custom POS solutions.
- Non-compatible with Android tablets.
- Costly monthly plans.
- To integrate your system, you need an upgraded plan.
After comparing over ten POS systems, we recommend these three options for your business’s payment processing. These options can also integrate with other software to extend your functionality.
Author Bio:Payment industry guru Taylor Cole is a passionate payments expert who understands the complex world of pinwheel credit card processing. He also writes non-fiction, on subjects ranging from personal finance to stocks to cryptopay. He enjoys eating pie with ice cream on his backyard porch, as should all right-thinking people.