The St. Mary’s County Arts Council introduced 5 $1,000 awards to recently graduated large faculty seniors who are pursuing the arts in higher education and learning. The Arts Council has established these awards to recognize, stimulate, and assistance men and women who exhibit excellence and a significant degree of interest in the Accomplishing, Theater, or Visible Arts.
Executing Arts Classification:
- Ryan Rankin – Chopticon Substantial University, will attend Towson University and needs to go after a degree in Music Efficiency. Clarinetist for nine yrs through his time inside of the St. Mary’s County General public Faculty System and All-County member due to the fact 5th grade. Has played with SMYOC for 6 seasons. Joined the band in 4th grade from encouragement from a close friend and began enjoying seriously in the 5th grade. Transcribed a musical piece in Muse Score which he had played by ear which at this time has in excess of 10,000 views!
- Jocelyn Finnecy – Chopticon Higher University, recognized to Frostburg Point out College. Has been a cellist for eleven years now which is her preferred factor to do! Desires to grow to be a expert songs teacher to pass on her knowledge to the following technology. Has played in NYC and also at Disneyworld. Participated in various HS musicals (pit orchestra) and All-County Orchestra inside the faculty procedure. Also has participated with Summerstock productions Mary Poppins and The Newsies.
- Pierre Petitjean – Leonardtown Large Faculty, acknowledged to St. Mary’s School of Maryland. Member of the Southern Maryland Youth Orchestra & Choir (SMYOC), the Chamber Orchestra of Southern Maryland in Concert, and the American Youth Philharmonic teams. Plays viola, violin, cello, baritone horn, and trombone. Needs to develop into a professional tunes instructor either in the general public university program, non-public studio, and/or a mix of equally.
Theater Arts Class:
- Breanna Lemerise – Chopticon Significant School, acknowledged to Rider University as a university student in their acclaimed Musical Theater Program. AVPA member. Singing considering that a quite youthful age, aspirations are to get to Broadway as a professional musician and theatrical performer. Receiver of numerous college-relevant awards. Previous four decades have worked offering classes in piano, violin,
and voice to little ones as she loves to share her individual enthusiasm for songs to other folks. Has held roles at CHS productions as properly as with the Newtowne Players.
Visual Arts Category:
- Heidi Davis – Leonardtown Higher College, will show up at College or university of Southern Maryland. Art pursuits are mostly painting and drawing in distinct utilizing acrylics, watercolors, gouache, and pen & ink. Her work has been exhibited in different college and neighborhood shows. Favourite issue matters include Japanese artwork types, mother nature, and animal themes. Wants to make Associate’s Diploma and proceed to review in the Arts/ Arts Education and learning field following transfer to a university.
Congratulations to these astounding student artists! These scholarships are made available on an once-a-year foundation, pay a visit to www.stmarysartscouncil.com for data and facts about future alternatives for St. Mary’s County students.