Fairfax’s hectic new Yojimbo is completely ready to just take the upcoming step ahead. Commencing September 7, the Japanese cafe in the previous Golden Condition space will open for on-web page indoor eating. Considerably removed from the building’s previous gastropub search (which lasted 12 superior years), the new Yojimbo delivers a pared-down, gentle wood and brick aesthetic with two long bar-height railings jogging across the duration of the dining home.
To go alongside with the formal opening — the restaurant has been doing constrained takeout support from a window until finally now — chefs Keisuke Akabori (Spago) and Chris Ono (Eleven Madison Park, Providence) are expanding Yojimbo’s menu to include a comprehensive slate of Japanese bowls (assume rooster teriyaki, braised beef, and extra) as nicely as kaisen boxes, wings, salads, and a lot more. Hrs operate 11:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m., Tuesday through Sunday.
In other news:
- The Los Angeles Situations has specifics on Silver Lake’s new Ceci’s Gastronomia, the tiny largely takeaway small business on Sunset in front of the former Tintorera. The little Italian store operate by chef Francesco Lucatorto (Angelini Osteria, Otium) and husband or wife Francesca Pistorio turns out meals primarily based on grandma recipes from across Italy.
- Ludo Lefebvre is almost prepared to open his future restaurant — in Denver, Colorado. The forthcoming Chez Maggy is situated at the Thompson lodge and will function a blend of French brasserie staples and Denver-concentrated choices (like the city’s namesake omelet). This is the 1st out-of-town task for Ludo, and is named following his wife Krissy’s stepmother, who was killed in a drunk driving incident a pair of decades in the past.
- Imari is opening today in the West Los Angeles/Brentwood spot. The Philip Camino (Fellow Westwood) project is remaining operate working day-to-working day by previous star New York City chef Derek Wilcox (Shoji NYC), with David Schlosser of Shibumi on to consult with as very well. Entire-provider eating commences tonight at 13050 San Vicente Blvd., with hrs from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m., Wednesday by way of Saturday.
- Honeybee is now open up on La Brea for vegan burgers and other fare (like These days’ faux-hen nuggets), and the increasing group has ideas to add a Venice locale as well, for every What Now LA.
- Menotti’s Coffee legend (and previous latte art planet champion) Nicely Abel has been struggling to fork out mounting healthcare facility payments in modern months, so the Go Get Em Tiger group is providing a exclusive Spanish Latte with condensed milk and cinnamon as a way to assistance Properly out. Each and every $6 latte sale implies $4 likely to a fund to help Nicely spend his bills. The drink special runs as a result of this Sunday.
- Like all people else, Goldburger is on the lookout to employ the service of a few additional workers associates. In this situation, it is to assistance open the company’s new Los Feliz store, which need to be if not completely ready to go.